How to duplicate designs in eagle
Sometimes when you design a board like a simple breakout you will want to make multiple copies of the final design without affecting the schematic. when you finish your schematic and board you can easily create a panel by creating a new brd file and copy and pasting the design to multiple locations. The only draw back is your schematic changes will not be updated.
Here is how to do it
- First you will want to make a copy of your .brd file. You won't be able to copy components in the original .brd since it is linked to a schematic.
- Save the new file as a different name. (I prefer name(matte).brd)
- Open the new board file and click on the select tool
- Make a box around your design to create a group
- Select the copy tool
- To copy a single item you use left click, to copy a group hold control and right click
- Drop this group where you would like it. To make multiple copies use the copy tool again.
Things to know
- This new board file will not update when you update your schematic. You will have to repeat this process each time you make a change
- You must enable all layers when doing this or you may lose some information